Replace your elevator speech with a question that leads to a “yes”.
Establish Common Ground.
Then describe how your work relates to their yes.
CID – Cognitive-based Information Design
You Finance Everything
- Money – cash/savings or borrowed
- Time – today’s or tomorrow’s
- Convenience – today’s or the future’s
Budget for money Calendar & schedule for time
The Four Key Roles you must play: Ann Kroker
Tools I use and recommend
- Cloze – CRM, integrates with pc, phone, tablet. Email / Text / Calendar
- Vivaldi Browser – Free, open source, customizable, tracking/add blockers
- Leechblock NG – productivity tool for browser, block & limit use
- Stay Focused – The best mobile phone productivity tool I’ve found to help minimize distractions. 1-time purchase ($25±) is the most cost-effective, but you may want to try a month of minimal premium first.
- MailerLite – Email, landing pages, pop-ups
(Mail Chimp / Constant Contact alternative)
- Calendar.com – Prospects, clients & friends can set their own appointments. End: multiple emails to book a lunch or video conversation. (Link is to mine so you can see how it works.) Calendly alternative.
- Pinterest – algorithms help* connect & expand over time
- Vimeo – YouTube alternative. More secure, can update a video without starting over in ratings / reviews.
- Whereby (Zoom alternative)
- Grammarly Pro
- SHURE MV7 Mic – podcasting, video, voice-over, audiobooks
- CenterCam Camera – puts your camera screen-center- great presence & eye contact.
- Logitech HD 1080p Camera – shop and compare for best cam/price. Reviews will tell you much.
- Nano Teleprompter – This App turns your phone or tablet into a teleprompter
- Audacity – Free, full-featured open-source audio mixer/editor
- Loom – screen and cam video recorder – Adds clarity / saves time.
- Descript – record audio, video, screen-share together. It automatically transcribes. Edit as you would a word document.
Descript Storyboard – soon release – includes impressive full editing capabilities.
- Square – estimates, invoices, accounts receivables, appointments, memberships, recurring invoices
- Freemake (free) & VideoProc (free trial then modest fee)
Download/Convert allows you to download videos and music ad-free to include in your presentations or play for personal use.
- Synthesia – Use Avatar actors to generate videos without your having to go on camera. Choose the persona you’d like to feature. Type or upload your script. Choose your background (templates are great when you’re a novice). Edit to suit. Click to view the 2-actor 5 min video brochure for Innovative Logics on NOC SOC Help Desk
Books and Noteables I Recommend
- Start with Why – Simon Sinek
- The Wealthy Freelancer – Steve Slaunwhite, Pete Savage, Ed Gandia
- Be Happy in Both Worlds – Sarah Ruffi
- Essentialism || Effortless – both by Greg McKeown
- LinkedIn Success – Wayne Breitbarth (LinkedIn)
- Sue Gresham – The LinkedIn Lady (Email updates / LinkedIn)
- The Startup Society (membership) – Gillian Perkins
- Digital Course Academy (membership) – Amy Porterfield