Several things converged in my thinking last week:
- Receiving news that a tribute I wrote 8 years ago about one of my high school teachers is still of my blog’s most-read posts
- Observing the success of a couple of proteges after I moved on
- An acute awareness of the major contribution to my life by my parents, that high school teacher and others
- The movie “Till the Clouds Roll By” – a 1946 film about the life of composer Jerome Kern (Showboat and others) telling the story of the investments made in his life by others – and his contribution to still more behind him.
- The indescribable gift of the One whose life we celebrated Easter Sunday, and what His key followers gave to the world after Him.
I’m obligated. You probably are too – if you stop and think about it.